The opening conference of the Summer school in cognitive science 2014: Web science and the Mind will take place at the Notman House (close to the Sherbrooke Pavilion of UQAM) next Tuesday (8th) at 4 p.m. Dame Wendy Hall, Professor at the University of Southampton, will deliver the talk, entitled  "Web Science: It's all in the Mind"

 This conference is free and open to all.

 Details:
 Dame Wendy Hall conference: http://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/harnad/Temp/AbsPrelimProg3.htm#Hall
 Summer School program: http://www.summer14.isc.uqam.ca/page/programme.php
 Notman House calendar: http://notman.org/events/

 OVERVIEW: This year we celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the World Wide Web. Twenty-five years ago there were no web sites, by 1994 there were 800, today it is estimated there are nearly a billion. The reason for this is not solely due to technology.  It is because we - as individuals, organizations and societies - create the content that makes the Web grow. This socio-technical aspect of the Web was the founding principal of Web Science. In this talk we will discuss the theory and practice of Web Science – past, present and future – and conjecture the nature of collective intelligence on the Web. Will the Web ever develop a mind of its own?

Pour vous désabonner de la liste ISC-LISTE, envoyez un courriel vide (sans objet ni contenu) à : [log in to unmask]