Print

Bonjour à toutes et à tous,

Dans le cadre de l’exposition des projets de la maîtrise en design de l’Université Concordia à Montréal, vous êtes invité-es à une conférence sur le design de service (en anglais). Cette allocution sera diffusée en ligne (voir plus bas).

Cordialement,
--
Martin Racine, PhD
Directeur du programme d’études supérieures et professeur titulaire

How do we design to be inviting and engaging?
A keynote talk by Ryan Hum, expert in Service Design

Time: Thursday April 27 at 4pm
Location: 4th Space, 1400 Boul de Maisonneuve W, Montréal

Pour assister à l’événement en ligne :
https://www.concordia.ca/cuevents/offices/provost/fourth-space/programming/2023/04/27/keynote-ryan-hum.html?c=/next-gen/4th-space/calendar

Too often governments narrowly define the experience that they build for to be combinations of: fast, easy, cost-effective, and legally accurate. It’s no wonder government services lack the imagination or experience of something as benign as unboxing your new cell phone! In an age where dis-information is rampant, public engagement is low, and when the needs for government services is increasing--while conversely trust in government is declining...we need to rethink the citizen experience we are designing for. How do we design to be inviting and engaging? How do we design for participation? How do we design government services so that they accurately reflect the needs of people in these often life changing moments.

Keynote speaker: Ryan Hum - Bio
Ryan Hum is the first ever Chief Client Experience Officer and Associate Assistant Deputy Minister of Citizen Service at Employment and Social Development Canada where his focus will be on improving the client service experience (CX). This means being a thought-leader on CX, developing organization-wide capabilities, providing CX support and guidance, and partnering with internal and external stakeholders. Previously, he was the Vice President, and Chief Data and  Information Officer at the Canada Energy Regulator where he led the organization in data projects that advanced automation, open science, transparency, and reconciliation. Ryan was also the former Chief Designer and Chief Data Scientist with the Government of Canada’s Central Innovation Hub, as well as the Director, Service Insights and Experimentation at Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada. Ryan is an expert in service design and data analytics and has taught in these fields for many years at leading universities. He’s also a father of two.

LES DIPLOMÉ·E·S DE LA MAÎTRISE EN DESIGN 2023 VOUS INVITENT À DÉCOUVRIR LEURS PROJETS... CONCORDIA’S MASTER OF DESIGN 2023 GRADUATING STUDENTS INVITE YOU TO EXPERIENCE OUR WORK

27.04.2023
16H-18H
CONFÉRENCE ET INAUGURATION DE VERNISSAGE...
KEYNOTE SPEAKER AND VERNISSAGE OPENING 4TH SPACE

18.00
VERNISSAGE CONTINUES
EV 7.735

HEURES D’OUVERTURE   DU LUNDI AU VENDREDI
... OPENING HOURS   MONDAY TO FRIDAY
10H-18H

[Image]
[Image]