Print

Chers collègues,

Le groupe Soft Matters, Ensadlab de l'Ecole des Arts Déco recrute un.e doctorant.e dans le champ du design textile/wearables pour rejoindre le réseau doctoral SOFTWEAR. Le poste couvre un contrat doctoral + bourse de fonctionnement.  Prise de poste: janvier 2023. Vous trouverez un résumé de l'offre ci-dessous en anglais, langue première du projet:

Soft Matters is recruiting for a 3-year fully funded PhD position starting January 2023.  We are looking for an English speaking practice-based & design-led researcher with a background in textile design (eventually fashion) to join SOFTWEAR (forthcoming website), a highly interdisciplinary Doctoral Network (DN) in the emerging and rapidly growing field of wearables, with a unique focus on soft actuators for wearables and exoskeletons.

By embedding sustainable design principles and textile crafts from inception, the PhD student will contribute to the development of  new expressions, applications or crafting techniques for the appropriation of electro-active polymers - plastics changing shape with electricity- at the intersection of smart textiles, wearables and eco-design.

The position is primarily based in the Soft Matters research group of Ensadlab, the practice-based art/design-led research laboratory of Ecole des Arts Décoratifs, Paris, in the simultaneous framework of the Sciences Arts Creation Research PhD program (SACRe) of Paris Sciences et Lettres University (PSL) and of the SOFTWEAR doctoral network. The position includes 3 secondments (1 to 3 months) within partner institutions of the network. The candidate must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in France for more than 12 months in the 36 months immediately before their recruitment date.

For more information, please see the details of the position available on our webiste: https://www.ensad.fr/sites/default/files/call_for_canditates_-_admission_to_the_softwear_-sacre_ph.d_programme_winter_2022-23.pdf

Application deadline 9 sept 2022

Peut-être cela pourra intéresser certains d'entres vous ou de vos étudiants.

Bien cordialement
Aurélie

Aurélie Mosse
PhD, MA Design for Textile Futures
Responsable de la 4e année Design Textile et Matière
Co-directrice du groupe de recherche Soft Matters, Ensadlab

Ecole des Arts Décoratifs
31 rue d'Ulm, 75240 Paris Cedex 05
Université Paris Sciences Lettres (PSL)

Advisory board member of shemakes.eu
Coordinator of the ANR - ImpressioVivo project
Partner/ training officer of MSCA - SOFTWEAR doctoral network
Associated member of the Cluster of Excellence Matters of Activity

I hope this email finds you well. This email to let you know that I'm currently recruiting for a 3-year fully funded PhD position starting January 2023 that might be of interest for some of your students.

I'm  looking for an English speaking practice-based & design-led researcher with a background in textile design (eventually fashion) to join SOFTWEAR (forthcoming website), a highly interdisciplinary Doctoral Network (DN) in the emerging and rapidly growing field of wearables, with a unique focus on soft actuators for wearables and exoskeletons.

[...]

For more information, please see the details of the position in the pdf attached. It will also be available on our webiste: https://www.ensad.fr/recherche/admission under the following name: Call for canditates - admission to the SOFTWEAR -SACRe and on Euraxess.

Application deadline 9 sept 2022

I'd be really thankful if you could spread the word as I'm sure you may have super relevant candidates for the position in your network, which could be a chance to strenghthen links between our respective institutions.

Best.
Aurélie

Aurélie Mosse
PhD, MA Design for Textile Futures
Responsable de la 4e année Design Textile et Matière
Co-directrice du groupe de recherche Soft Matters, Ensadlab

31 rue d'Ulm, 75240 Paris Cedex 05
Université Paris Sciences Lettres (PSL)

Advisory board member of shemakes.eu
Coordinator of the ANR - ImpressioVivo project
Partner/ training officer of MSCA - SOFTWEAR doctoral network
Associated member of the Cluster of Excellence Matters of Activity

Pour toute demande d'aide sur le fonctionnement de cette liste, veuillez consulter cette page :

https://sciences-du-design.org/recherche-design/

Pour vous désabonner de la liste RECHERCHE-DESIGN, envoyez un courriel vide (sans objet ni contenu) à : [log in to unmask]