From: Stéphane Vial <[log in to unmask]>
Date: dim. 2 sept. 2018 à 11:16
Subject: A personal list of 30+ suggested design conferences

Dear All,

After my call for suggestions on the list (July 5), I received various responses, and I would like to thank warmly the people who replied. I made for myself a personal list of 30+ design conferences (below). Of course, it is far to be a comprehensive list and it is much biased by my own filters but I thought it could be of interest for you, your colleagues or students.

Best,

Stéphane

**** DESIGN ****

IASDR (Worldwide)
International Association of Societies of Design Research
https://iasdr.net/conferences/

DRS (UK)
Design Research Society
https://www.designresearchsociety.org

EAD (Europe)
European Academy of Design
https://ead2019dundee.com

ICDHS (Worldwide)
International Conferences on Design History and Studies
http://www.ub.edu/icdhs/

DTRS
Design Thinking Research Symposium series
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.destud.2018.03.007
next : https://filsalustri.blogspot.com/2018/07/dtrs12-design-thinking-research.html

DECIPHER (USA)
Design Educators Research Conference (AIGA & DARIA Network)
http://www.aigadecconference.org/homepage/

RTD
Research Through Design
https://www.researchthroughdesign.org/conferenceseries/

NERD2GO (Germany)
New Experimental Research in Design (BIRD)
https://filsalustri.blogspot.com/2018/03/nerd2go-conference-jun-2018-hildesheim.html
http://nerd2go.hawk.de/

NORDES (Scandinavia)
Nordic design research conferences
http://nordes.org/

EDRA
Environmental Design Research Association
past: https://www.edra.org/page/conferencehistory
next: https://www.edra.org/page/edra50

D&E (The Netherlands)
Design & Emotion conference
http://www.designandemotion.org/en/conferences/
by the Design & Emotion society
http://www.designandemotion.org/en

RSD
Relating Systems Thinking to Design international symposium
held by Systemic Design Research Network (SDRN)
http://www.rsd7.org/
https://systemic-design.net/sdrn/

PDC
Participatory Design Conference
https://pdc2018.org/

Design Management Academy conference
https://www.designresearchsociety.org/articles/design-management-academy-2017-conferee-proceedings-available-online

E&PDE conference
Engineering & Product Design Education International Conference Series
http://epde.info/

**** HCI, INTERACTION, COMMUNICATION ****

CHI  – pronounced ‘kai’
ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems
ACM’S Special Interest Group (SIG) on Computer-Human Interaction (CHI)
https://chi2019.acm.org/

SIGDOC
ACM’S Special Interest Group (SIG) on the Design of Communication (DOC)
https://sigdoc.acm.org/

SIGGRAPH
ACM special interest group on Computer GRAPHics and Interactive Techniques
https://www.siggraph.org

British HCI
http://hci2018.bcs.org/

IEES VIS
"the worldwide largest and most important conference on  Scientific Visualization, Information Visualization and Visual Analytics."
http://ieeevis.org/year/2018/welcome

ICTVC
International Typography and Visual Communication conference held in Greece every 3 years
http://ictvc.org/2019/

DCC
Design Computing and Cognition Conference series
http://dccconferences.org/dcc18/

ECSCW
European Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work
Next: https://ecscw.eusset.eu/2019/

CSCW
ACM Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing
http://cscw.acm.org/2018/

ISEA
International Symposium on Electronic Art
http://www.isea-web.org/

**** RELATED FIELDS ****

STS Italia conferences (Italy)
http://www.stsitalia.org/?page_id=1592&lang=en