From: Stéphane Vial <[log in to unmask]>
Date: dim. 2 sept. 2018 à 11:16
Subject: A personal list of 30+ suggested design conferences

Dear All,

After my call for suggestions on the list (July 5), I received various
for myself a personal list of 30+ design conferences (below). Of course, it
is far to be a comprehensive list and it is much biased by my own filters
but I thought it could be of interest for you, your colleagues or students.

Best,

Stéphane

**** DESIGN ****

*IASDR* (Worldwide)
International Association of Societies of Design Research
https://iasdr.net/conferences/

*DRS* (UK)
Design Research Society
https://www.designresearchsociety.org

*EAD* (Europe)
European Academy of Design
https://ead2019dundee.com

*ICDHS* (Worldwide)
International Conferences on Design History and Studies
http://www.ub.edu/icdhs/

*DTRS*Design Thinking Research Symposium series
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.destud.2018.03.007
next :
https://filsalustri.blogspot.com/2018/07/dtrs12-design-thinking-research.html

*DECIPHER* (USA)
Design Educators Research Conference (AIGA & DARIA Network)
http://www.aigadecconference.org/homepage/

*RTD*Research Through Design
https://www.researchthroughdesign.org/conferenceseries/

*NERD2GO* (Germany)
New Experimental Research in Design (BIRD)
https://filsalustri.blogspot.com/2018/03/nerd2go-conference-jun-2018-hildesheim.html
http://nerd2go.hawk.de/

*NORDES* (Scandinavia)
Nordic design research conferences
http://nordes.org/

*EDRA*Environmental Design Research Association
past: https://www.edra.org/page/conferencehistory
next: https://www.edra.org/page/edra50

*D&E (The Netherlands)*Design & Emotion conference
http://www.designandemotion.org/en/conferences/
by the Design & Emotion society
http://www.designandemotion.org/en

*RSD*Relating Systems Thinking to Design international symposium
held by Systemic Design Research Network (SDRN)
http://www.rsd7.org/
https://systemic-design.net/sdrn/

*PDC*Participatory Design Conference
https://pdc2018.org/

*Design Management Academy*
*conference*
https://www.designresearchsociety.org/articles/design-management-academy-2017-conferee-proceedings-available-online

*E&PDE conference*Engineering & Product Design Education International
Conference Series
http://epde.info/

**** HCI, INTERACTION, COMMUNICATION ****

*CHI*  *– pronounced ‘kai’*
 ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems
ACM’S Special Interest Group (SIG) on Computer-Human Interaction (CHI)
https://chi2019.acm.org/

*SIGDOC*ACM’S Special Interest Group (SIG) on the Design of Communication
(DOC)
https://sigdoc.acm.org/

*SIGGRAPH*
ACM special interest group on Computer GRAPHics and Interactive Techniques
https://www.siggraph.org

*British HCI*http://hci2018.bcs.org/

*IEES VIS*"the worldwide largest and most important conference on
Scientific Visualization, Information Visualization and Visual Analytics."
http://ieeevis.org/year/2018/welcome

*ICTVC*International Typography and Visual Communication conference held in
Greece every 3 years
http://ictvc.org/2019/

*DCC*Design Computing and Cognition Conference series
http://dccconferences.org/dcc18/

*ECSCW*European Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work
Next: https://ecscw.eusset.eu/2019/

*CSCW*ACM Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work and Social
Computing
http://cscw.acm.org/2018/

*ISEA*International Symposium on Electronic Art
http://www.isea-web.org/

**** RELATED FIELDS ****

*STS Italia conferences* (Italy)
http://www.stsitalia.org/?page_id=1592&lang=en